The Negg® hard-boiled egg peeler is perfect for a myriad of festive holiday recipes! Today we're making Caviar Egg Pie, which is an indulgent appetizer that your family will love.
Ideal for any special family gathering, we particularly like preparing this recipe for Hanukah. Keeping milk and meat properly separated is important for observing kosher. Therefore, this recipe is perfect for nights that you are not eating meat.
Enjoy - and Happy Holidays!
12 large eggs, hard-boiled and peeled using Negg® instructions
1/4 Cup butter at room temperature
3 Scallions, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
1 Cup sour cream, light or regular
4 Ounces cream cheese, light or regular, at room temperature
1 Jar (3 1/2 ounces) red lumpfish caviar
Scallion to garnish
- Place just the rim of an 8- or 9-inch springform pan upside down on a flat serving plate.
- Finely chop eggs in a food processor (or mash them in a bowl).
- Add butter and process (or mash) until completely blended.
- Spoon into springform rim and spread with back of the spoon into an even layer. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour until firm.
- Sprinkle egg layer with chopped scallions. Mix sour cream and cream cheese until well blended (mixture won't get completely smooth).
- Spoon over scallions and spread evenly without disturbing scallions.
- Cover and chill four hours or up to two days.
- Up to eight hours before serving: drain caviar or at least fifteen minutes in a small strainer. Spoon evenly over sour cream/cream cheese mixture. Run a thin knife around inside of springform rim, open rim and remove gently.
- Refrigerate "pie" until ready to serve.
- Garnish with scallion and serve with crackers.
Thank you to Women's Day for this amazing recipe.