This week we are using the Negg® to create healthy and tasty Avocado Deviled Eggs! Our spin on Avocado Toast, these eggs are sure to impress at your next event, and the best part is that they don't have toast - so no gluten.
The Negg® the #1 selling egg peeler in the world - Shop Now
12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
Dash of hot sauce
1 1/2 ripe avocados
3 3/4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
Salt & pepper to taste
Garnish with fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves or red peppers chopped as shown
- Slice boiled eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully remove yolks, keeping egg whites intact.
- Grate egg yolks using small holes of a box grater.
- Mash together yolks, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar and
Dijon mustard, and kosher salt.
- Add hot sauce, if desired.
- Mash together avocados and lime juice.
- Stir avocado mixture and tarragon into yolk mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon or pipe yolk mixture into egg white halves.
- Top with the desired amount of parsley leaves or red peppers..
When piping egg yolks and avocado, it's important to thoroughly smash them or they will get stuck in the piping tip. To do this, I use a food mill. That guarantees there will be no lumps to clog your piping tip.
Inspired by Southern Living