This is a fun twist on the traditional deviled eggs. Green eggs and ham? Well, maybe make that bacon. Who ever said that guacamole can only go on a chip? We certainly were game for a new way to enjoy avocado and we think we've found it. I'm not admitting to buying store-bought guacamole, but I think it's a great idea. Make your guests green with envy.
6 large hard boiled eggs
1 medium avocado
2-3 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp red onion, minced
1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
pinch chile powder, for garnish
2 pieces of cooked bacon (optional)
1 garlic clove minced
- Peel the cooled hard-boiled eggs with the Negg egg peeler.
- Cut the eggs in half horizontally, and set the yolks aside.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado and 2 whole egg yolks; discard the rest.
- Mix in lemon juice, red onion, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
- Scoop heaping spoonfuls of the guacamole into the 12 halved eggs.
- Chop the bacon (optional)
- Sprinkle with a little chile powder and bacon or cubed tomatoes for color and arrange on a platter.
1. Use our deviled egg spoons and you can turn any plate into a deviled egg platter.
2. Use store bought Guacamole; mash and add an hard-boiled egg yolk or two, and sprinkle in our Smokey Ham Deviled Egg Seasoning to taste. YUM!
Inspired by Skinnytaste.com