Don't be all turkey. Serve deviled eggs instead! Did you know that deviled eggs are the second most popular item at Thanksgiving?
The Negg® hard-boiled egg peeler is the perfect Thanksgiving tool. Because the Negg® is Easy, Fast, and Fun, you will be deviling up eggs in no time. Here we offer a delicious Thanksgiving-themed recipe, compliments of our friends at The Kitchn.
We would love to hear from you: what is your favorite deviled egg recipe to prepare at Thanksgiving?
12 Eggs, hard-boiled and peeled using Negg®instructions
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
1 Small shallot, minced
1 1/2 Tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
1/3 Cup mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
Freshly ground black pepper
4 Slices cooked bacon, chopped
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shallot and sage and sauté until softened and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl.
- Add the bacon to the skillet and cook until browned and crisp, flipping halfway through, 5 to 6 minutes total. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and cool. Once the bacon is cool enough to handle, chop or crumble the strips into small pieces.
- Slice hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks.
- Mash the yolks with a fork in a medium bowl until they are completely crumbled. Add the mayonnaise and mustard and mash the filling until a smooth paste forms.
- Stir in the shallot and sage mixture, salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Taste and season with more salt as needed.
- Pipe or spoon the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle the deviled eggs with the bacon crumbles and serve.
Inspiration via The Kitchn.
We hope you enjoy a wonderful holiday with your families.