Today we're sharing our classic deviled egg recipe. This is the recipe where all others begin. Without the classic deviled egg recipe you might end up with egg on your face trying any one of our other recipes.
Before you begin you'll need to cook up the perfect hard-boiled eggs.
Follow these simple instructions to make the perfect classic deviled eggs.
12 hard-boiled eggs - peeled, sliced length-wise, yolks removed and set aside
2/3 cup mayonnaise
Substitute a packet of our Deviled Egg Seasoning for the following:
2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 Dashes of Tabasco sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Smash egg yolks until smooth
- Combine mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, Tabasco sauce, and yolks until smooth or
- ALTERNATIVELY: skip all of that and add the Deviled Egg Seasoning to the mayonnaise.
- Add salt and ground pepper to taste
- Combine mayonnaise mixture with the egg yolks
- Pipe or spoon into egg white halves.
- Garnish with chives.