When you're having a big celebration later in the day and you don't want to make a big breakfast, this is a great way to keep people satiated. Let them eat eggs!
Deconstructing sandwiches and salads can make for interesting treatments for deviled eggs. Think of the egg white replacing your bread or lettuce. Then let your imagination run wild. Well not too wild. If you’re in a hurry, be sure to read our short cut that follows this recipe.
INGREDIENTS:12 Hard-Boiled Eggs
2/3 cup Mayonnaise
**2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
**½ tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
**2 ounces Deli Ham Chopped Finely
Salt and Pepper to Taste
3 – 4 tablespoons Swiss Cheese for garnish (optional)
Smoked Paprika (optional)
1. Slice the boiled and peeled eggs in half lengthwise.
2. Remove the yolks carefully.
3. Process the egg yolks in a food processor, or mash with a fork.
4. Arrange the whites on a platter in a single layer with the cut sides up.
5. To the egg yolks, add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, vinegar, and finely chopped ham.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Combine thoroughly
8. Because the ham will stick in the piping tip you have to spoon the mixture into the egg whites. Cover loosely with plastic wrap so as not to flatten the filling and refrigerate for 30 minutes for the flavors to blend.
9. When ready to serve, garnish with the cheese.
**You can always substitute our Smoky Ham Deviled Egg Seasoning Packet for the mustard, vinegar and ham. That way you avoid the extra calories from the ham. Because your yolk mixture will then be smooth you will also be able to pipe the egg yolks into the egg whites.