Hard-boiled wha? Chocolate chip huh? Yes, we thought the same.
But wait, before we got all judgy (judgy on this innovative and slightly disturbing philosophy of baking) with the one and only love of our lives - hard-boiled eggs - we had to try it. Could it be like chocolate and peanut butter? Or French fries with ice cream (c'mon, admit it - you have at one time dipped your fries into a Wendy's frosty or McFlurry. Ok, maybe you didn't but work with us here).
So - we bought the ingredients, we laid out everything (cue in the childhood song - "one of these things is not like the other" - ok, ok, back to business, we mean cookies and ya know, hard-boiled eggs).
We baked them. We drew straws on who would try them first. Wait for it………
It was love at first bite. Our hard-boiled egg baking dreams had come true. Sound the trumpets.
They were FREAKING AWESOME!! They were gooey and chocolatey, and yes, seldom do we use these three adjectives in one sentence, but we have to include MOIST. We said it, we did it and we don't regret it. Gooey, Chocolatey and Moist.
Total time to make - 25 minutes, including baking.
Yields: 10 big cookies or 12 smaller ones
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 hard-boiled egg (mince this or divide into 4s and put through a garlic press)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
- In a bowl combine the butter and brown sugar and mix until fluffy (if you have a stand up mixer you could use that).
- Add in the vanilla, minced hard-boiled egg and continue mixing.
- Add the baking soda, salt and flour and mix until all is combined.
- Scoop onto prepared pan using a ice cream scoop or spoon.
- Bake 9-10 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE, THEY WILL BE HARD AND TOUGH.
- Let them cool on a rack.
- Grab a glass of milk and a cookie. Enjoy.
Inspired by: cookiesandcups.com