This is a fun twist on the traditional deviled eggs and if you leave out the bacon, it is actually good for you. Who ever said that guacamole can only go on a chip? We don't know, but we certainly were game for a new way to eat guacamole.
- 6 large eggs, hard boiled (recipe here)
- 1 medium avocado
- 2-3 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp red onion, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- pinch chile powder, for garnish
- 2 pieces of cooked bacon (optional)
- 1 piece of garlic minced
Peel the cooled hard boiled eggs with the Negg egg peeler.
Cut the eggs in half horizontally, and set the yolks aside.
In a bowl, mash the avocado and 2 whole egg yolks; discard the rest.
Mix in lemon juice, red onion, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
Scoop heaping spoonfuls of the guacamole into the 12 halved eggs.
- Chop the bacon (optional)
Sprinkle with a little chile powder and bacon for color and arrange on a platter.
Inspired by skinnytaste.com